SPECIAL MASS SCHEDULE
Saturday June 6 5pm English
Sunday June 7 11am English
HORARIO ESPECIAL DE MASAS
Domingo 7 de junio 8:30 a.m. Español
Domingo 7 de junio 3:00 p.m. p.m. Español
Domingo 7 de junio 5:00 p.m. Español
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has introduced much uncertainty in the lives of your parishioners and throughout your parish community. However, we at The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia would like to help you as best we can. For that reason, we are launching our Parish Support Initiative. We also want to share some resources to aid you in promoting your offertory during this uncertain time.
What is the Parish Support Initiative?
While you work to navigate the spiritual needs of those entrusted to your pastoral care, we are working to assist you in maintaining parish giving and stewardship, which are critical to your ability to maintain parish operations. The Parish Support Initiative allows parishioners to make an electronic donation to your parish on our website at www.TheCFGP.org/Parish. The donation page will have a drop-down menu that lists each of the parishes within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and parishioners can direct their gift accordingly.
Whether you are utilizing your own online giving platform, or utilizing CFGP’s Parish Support Initiative, it’s vital to continue talking about the need for offertory giving to your parishioners. Here are a few quick tips on how you can encourage online giving among your parishioners:
- Talk about online giving during streamed Masses and in email and social media communication.
- Be transparent with parishioners about the change in offertory that you’re seeing in these challenging times.
- Ensure that the link to your preferred online giving platform or the Parish Support Initiative is included somewhere in most of your communications with parishioners.
- Please click here for sample email communication, social media content and prayers of the faithful that can assist you in crafting your message.
- Utilize communications tools and communicate often with parishioners
- Keep your website up to date with information on how your parish and the Archdiocese is responding to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Whether through live-stream, recorded private Masses, or email or social media, try to communicate with your parish at least once a week.
- More regular email communication (through Flocknote or any other email marketing tool) is vital to allowing parishioners to feel connected while also helping spread the online giving message.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the Parish Support Initiative or about any of the resources that we’ve provided.
CHURCH VISITATION DURING PANDEMIC
A CALL TO SERVE IN CHURCH MINISTRY
The Liturgy is the work of the people-the music, the Proclaiming of the Word, serving at the altar, ushers to assist, and the distribution of Holy Communion. We need to help fulfill these ministries here at Annunciation! I ask that you pray about how you might be able to give of yourself to enhance the Liturgy here at Annunciation. If you think that you can serve in any of these church ministries, please call Fr. Nick at the rectory office. Thank you!
Parish Community of Annunciation B.V.M.
(Partnered with St. Nicholas of Tolentine Parish http://www.stnicksphila.com/)
Staffed by the Augustinians
We, the people of the Annunciation BVM Parish, recognize our call to grow as “A Catholic Life Community”. We are in communion with our Holy Father, Shepherd of the Universal Church, and our Archbishop, Shepherd of the Church in Philadelphia. Accepting the privilege and the challenge of this call, we commit ourselves to be:
A community that worships God in Spirit and truth through the celebration of the Eucharist and the other Sacraments;
A community that proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ by inviting all people to join our parish;
A community that teaches the message of Christ through our elementary school, our CCD classes, our adult education sessions, and our Liturgy;
A community that serves and heals all our parishioners, especially the poor and needy by generous acts of charity, and by using our time, talent and treasure, work together for goodwill, justice and peace for all.
We realize that this statement is merely the end of the beginning. We pray for God’s guidance, and through the intercession of Mary, gain the strength to continue to respond to the needs of our “Catholic Life Community”.