Parish Area Pastoral Planning Committee Meeting
ANNUNCIATION BVM, SAINT NICHOLAS OF TOLENTINE AND SAINT RITA OF CASCIA
The pastor and three members of each parish comprise the local Parish Pastor Planning Committee. This committee met to discuss the options for parish restructuring that were presented by the Archdiocesan Strategic Planning Committee (ASPC). As described in the pastors’ 2/5/16 letter to parishioners, these models of collaboration were merger (by which two parishes are combined into one parish) and partnership (by which the pastoral leadership and administration of the parishes are combined, but they otherwise remain free standing parishes).
At the first meeting, the Augustinian Province of Saint Thomas of Villanova presented a proposal for pastoral ministry. The members of the Committee, after much thought, discussion, and prayerful discernment, have asked that the following recommendation be sent to the ASPC:
- All three Churches will remain open.
- The National Shrine of Saint Rita of Cascia will remain an independent entity, assuming ownership of the church, friary, and parish office buildings.
- Saint Rita of Cascia and Annunciation Parish will merge. As Annunciation will be the parish church, the name of the new parish will be Annunciation B.V.M.
- The new Annunciation Parish will enter into a partnership with Saint Nicholas of Tolentine Parish. This partnership will have an Augustinian pastor. The Annunciation B.V.M. Parish—Saint Nicholas Parish partnership and National Shrine of Saint Rita of Cascia will be served by one Augustinian Community.
- The new Annunciation Parish and Saint Nicholas of Tolentine Parish will remain independent parishes,retaining their own finances, buildings, and assets, while partnering in all areas of administration.
Feedback, questions, and comments are welcome in writing. Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the rectory by March 16. This information will be brought to the Parish Area Pastoral Planning Committee.